Borealis Snowboards Tundra All-Mountain.
Since we released the Tundra back in 2015, it has quickly become our best-selling model globally. Its natural bamboo topsheet decorated with epic tundra-inspired landscapes or its eco-construction might be part of the reason. But once the board is strapped to your feet, its feel, lightness and comfort clearly become the main reason for its success. The Tundra is an extremely-well balanced twin tip snowboard with a mild 12mm inserts set-back. It simply works everywhere, whatever the conditions. Piste cruising, park, powder, side hits, you name it, the Tundra will do it. Construction-wise, it comes with a premium IS7200 sintered base with which speed won't be a problem. For added dynamism and pop, we applied an updated carbon beam matrix running from the front and back insert packs towards the tips. To reduce chatter and unwanted vibration, we use our Powder Paw, which is intermeshed carbon and kevlar strips applied vertically along both sides of the board.
Shortlisted in Whitelines's 22-23 famed 100 and selected in their 22-23 "Best All-Mountain Snowboards" list, "2022 Best All-Mountain" model by TheGoodRide (USA) and selected several times by ACT Snowboarding Magazine (France) for their "Best Snowboards Awards", the Tundra is already considered as one the most balanced boards on the market. Its twin-tip shape, 6/10 medium flex and Camrock profile (rocker - camber - rocker) bring perfect response and control, fluid and easy turn initiation, effortless glide in powder, an amazing pop for freestyle and efficient and powerful edge hold on piste to please your extreme carver instincts. If you're looking for a do-it-all-board that excels pretty much everywhere, don't look any further, the Tundra is what you need.
- Backcountry Freestyle
- Everyday Cruising
- FSC©-certified Bamboo Topsheet
- Certified FSC© Ultra Light Forest Core
- Greenpoxy Bio-Resin
- Developped in the carbon-neutral Borealis HQ
- Borealis supports projects run by the EOCA (European Outdoors Conservation Association
- CAMROCK - This profile is ideal for powder flotation and solid grip on hard snow. Front rocker starting from the front insert pack, mild camber down to the back insert pack and rocker towards the tail for easier turns and switch landings.
- NATURAL BAMBOO TOPSHEET - This board is equipped with a 100% organic bamboo topsheet, making it dynamic, reducing chatter/vibrations and offering a more natural feel to the ride. It also reduced by 40% the quantity of plastic present in the board.
- PERMAFROST TECHNOLOGY - Through an exclusive process, the fibers of the bamboo topsheet are infused with Greenpoxy© Eco-Resin, making it impact-resistant and long-lasting.
- UL FOREST CORE - Ultralight wood core made from FSC®-certified woods (poplar, paulownia) reinforced with bamboo rods. Thinner tip and tail for reduced swing weight. Dynamic, snappy and durable.
- GREENPOXY© BIO-RESIN - This board is assembled using the Greenpoxy© Bioo-Resin, made from 55+% of recycled biomass such as recycled vegetable oils and sawdust. This very low-VOC (volatile organic compound) bio-resin is a long-lasting and high-performance alternative to classic epoxy resins.
- IS7200 SINTERED BASE - This premium high-molecular density base is our high-end option. Reach unprecedented speeds on any terrain and snow temperature. High impact-resilience and great wax-absorption. Flip-Flop: base often comes in reversed colour combinations to reduce base material waste.
- BIAXIAL FIBREGLASS - This composite is weaved in 2 different angles, bringing precision, reactivity and stability to the board whilst keeping a tolerant feel. Medium longitudinal and torsional stiffness.
- CARBON POWER BEAMS - Our carefully-studied carbon reinforcement matrix are designed for each board's needs. Wether the aim is to boost pop, stability or precision, these beams are the central nervous system of your ride, making it more dynamic and swift.
- POWDER STORM INSERTS - We added a 7th row of inserts on this board to allow you to customise your stance and set-back even more for any situation, especially after a big snowfall